Hi all,

The last six weeks have been a bit of a roller coaster with Avis. We  were able
to get medical record details from the summer of 2009 when he  was first
rescued
as a 5-6 month old kitten: four snap tests (2 weak  positive & 2 negative) plus
a negative saliva test.

On 10/20, Avis had an IFA & second CBC to establish a firm baseline  before
starting an LTCI regime.

The IFA came back positive which was no surprise given the strong  positive on
the 9/28 snap.

What WAS surprising was that all counts on CBC #2 were completely,  absolutely,
wonderfully normal!

So we postponed the LTCI order and waited a month to do a third CBC to  figure
out what the heck was going on. The 11/17 results came back a  couple of days
ago and they were pretty much a mirror image of the 10/22  one - perfectly
normal on all counts!

Not sure why the RBC, HCT & Retic numbers on Avis' first CBC were so  bad, but
they did lead to us discover his FeLV+ status, so I'm grateful for them.  Aside
from some minor gingivitis, Avis currently has no  clinical symptoms so we are
treating him as FeLV+, asymptomatic and will  closely monitor with checkups &
CBCs every 3-4 months. LTCI is in the  toolkit if RBCs, WBCs, and/or platelets
start to decline down the road.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the wonderful furrbabies and their people who  have
been so kind to us the last few months. We are truly grateful!

Kris, Avis & Max (the dog)