tonight we lost our queen, Lita. our very first FeLV cat, she was 18 yrs old.
Lita started out as Pink at the SPCA. she was the house cat there for a few
years, and was given to me after finding out that my chemo had failed and what
had would eventually kill me. This huge torte was a pissy old girl and would
hiss at everything. she at her best was about 20 lbs of pure joy. she would
come
up to you and head butt you to get petted, and then jump in your lap and just
lay there.
Lita died at home surrounded by those who loved her, laying on my daughters
jacket with her by her side petting her to the end
Lita had been with us for 8 long years and had been treated for everything from
Uri's to arthritis, to the starting of a feline form of glaucoma, but she held
on and fought for all this time finally giving in to liver failure.

Safe travels across the bridge Lita. you will be missed. thank you for making
Second Chance possible

I know i don't send a lot of things here but we here at Second Chance try to do
the best we can while running a full house. Please remember that the smaller
rescues and homes like us do this from our own pockets. Please help the smaller
sanctuaries like ours continue to give love and hope to our furry families.

http://secondchancemeows.chipin.com/second-chance-meows-xmas-fund-raiser

 Michael Johnson
Founder/Owner
Second Chance Meows