  From: Second Chance Meows<mailto:secondchanceme...@yahoo.com>
  To: felvpositivec...@yahoogroups.com<mailto:felvpositivec...@yahoogroups.com>
; felvtalk@felineleukemia.org<mailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
  Sent: Saturday, November 27, 2010 1:24 AM
  Subject: [Felvtalk] another passing

  tonight we lost our queen, Lita. our very first FeLV cat, she was 18 yrs old.
  Lita started out as Pink at the SPCA. she was the house cat there for a few
  years, and was given to me after finding out that my chemo had failed and
what i
  had would eventually kill me. This huge torte was a pissy old girl and would
  hiss at everything. she at her best was about 20 lbs of pure joy. she would
come
  up to you and head butt you to get petted, and then jump in your lap and just
  lay there.
  Lita died at home surrounded by those who loved her, laying on my daughters
  jacket with her by her side petting her to the end
  Lita had been with us for 8 long years and had been treated for everything
from
  Uri's to arthritis, to the starting of a feline form of glaucoma, but she
held
  on and fought for all this time finally giving in to liver failure.

  Safe travels across the bridge Lita. you will be missed. thank you for making
  Second Chance possible

  I know i don't send a lot of things here but we here at Second Chance try to
do
  the best we can while running a full house. Please remember that the smaller
  rescues and homes like us do this from our own pockets. Please help the
smaller
  sanctuaries like ours continue to give love and hope to our furry families.

http://secondchancemeows.chipin.com/second-chance-meows-xmas-fund-raiser<http://secondchancemeows.chipin.com/second-chance-meows-xmas-fund-raiser>

   Michael Johnson
  Founder/Owner
  Second Chance Meows