Hi Melinda,
Have you ever tried to do any assisted feedings for your kitty? It's hard
sometimes when they're not feeling well because they tend not to want to eat
but you know they have to get some nutrition in them. I've done it for several
cats and we are currently doing it for our kitty Eden because I feel like if we
can just keep her eating and get her antibiotics in to her then she'll have a
better chance of recovering. I don't believe in force feeding but it's been my
experience that assisted feeding is pretty well accepted by the cats that I've
done it with. What I do is take some canned food, mix in some liquid of some
kind (either milk or kitten milk replacement) add a big glob of NutriCal and
mix it all up so that it can be sucked up in a large syringe. Then I just feed
the mixture to Eden with the syringe. At first she wasn't quite sure what I was
doing but then she started just eating it as soon as it came out of the
syringe. She's eating on her own too but I didn't feel like she was eating
enough. I like to use NutriCal when they're really down because it's high
calorie and loaded with nutrients so it can really help them keep their
strength up and heal. You mentioned that you were having a hard time getting
meds into your kitty because he's not all that interested in food so I just
thought I'd mention the assisted feeding idea. It's worked well for us in the
past and I hope it helps Eden get over her current problems. I hope your kitty
feels better soon.

Brenda