I sent a link about this group the other day; I also wrote to them, asking
about support for immune systems of FeLV/FIV cats.  This is in Australia, so
I doubt that it would be feasible to order from them.  I'll find out if
there are similar things available closer to home.

This is what I received from them:

Dear Natalie,

Yes, indeed the mix will be fine for both groups.

FIV, Feline immunodeficiency virus is the cause of feline AIDS, it is not
the same virus as HIV, the cause of human AIDS. It is a virus, much like
feline leukemia, which causes an impaired immune system. It can be a fatal
disease, and because it lowers an animal's immune system, secondary
infections like pneumonia, lymphoma, anemias or other infections usually
cause the pet's death. However its possible for a FIV-positive cat to live
for many years without any signs of illness.

Risk factors for FIV include age, gender, illness, and time spent outdoors.
Older cats are more likely to be infected as are more aggressive male cats
that may roam and fight with other cats. Sick cats and free roaming cats are
much more likely to have FIV. Transmission is primarily via deep,
penetrating bite wounds.

These factors make Feline AIDS quite common and generally is passed on
through cats saliva. This is good reason to make sure cats are locked up at
night. There is a vaccination that can be given (to prevent the cat
contracting the disease) and I am sure that your vet has explained this to
you.

FIV is really a problem of the immunity and as a herbalist I can
dramatically improve the Cat's immune system. This without compromising any
other medication.

Obviously FIV also affects organs within the body, namely the blood and
lymphatic systems. On top of this the medications commonly prescribed also
place a heavy load on the metabolism in general.

I can prepare tonics which support the critical organs and systems within
the body.

There will be three mixes in the program.

1. I would recommend in the first instance a course of my Maritime Pine
Antioxidant. ( $85 100mls - 3 months supply for 2 cats)
<http://www.herbal-treatments.net/cat-prescriptions/aids-immunideficiency-vi
rus-fiv-support.html>
http://www.herbal-treatments.net/cat-prescriptions/aids-immunideficiency-vir
us-fiv-support.html

2. I can also make up a special mix to help manage the FIV symptoms. This
mix includes Violet Leaves, Comfrey, Nettle, Echinacea, Hypericum along with
Pine , Centaury and Gorse. ( $65 100mls- 3months supply 2 cats)

3. FIV can very well cause a respiratory infection cause by the HIV virus
breaking his immunity down and would respond well to my Human Family Flu

(This mix is really effective in these instances if lung/colds/flu etc- $65
100mls 6months supply)

5 drops twice per day mixed into smelly food like sardines or something to
get her started will clear the infection and if continued will build up the
immunity. It would all be fixed within half the bottle. Cats will need to be
kept inside of a night time and of course during winter to make sure they
are at less risk of contracting any secondary infections.

Catherine McDowell-Herbalist

www.herbal-treatments.net     www.kellosheilpark.com.au

52 Keppel Street

Bathurst 2795