Good point Claudia.  I currently have 6 house kitties ranging in age from 18 yo
to 14 wk old.  Zippity-doo-dah, the baby, is the only male.  I've found age
plays more of a role in how well cats get along.  My 18 yo girl just ignores
the rest and will put them in their place if they bug her.  She is a tortie and
never been a lap kitty.  In my home anyway, they seem to group themselves by
age.

My next challenge is the 3 black and one black/white rescues I'm fostering in
the bathroom.  They are approx. 16 weeks old and anxious to escape the
bathroom.  Having 5 babies romping through the cottage could be quite a
challenge for all of us.

Sharyl