This might sound silly, but I sing to my cats. Like when I'm taming and
socializing feral kittens... It seems to work and I have fun :-)

When I spend time (in the summer) at feral colonies I feed, I put out smelly/
yummy tuna or mackerel and sing.

I have no real proof that it works, but the cats don't seem to mind me hanging
out.

Sent from my iPhone