Trust your instincts.....and that kitten, even if it has a short life, would love to live with you and Whimsy. It takes a lot of guts and a really big heart to take on a positive..........and those who do are rewarded with the best of love from the little ones.
On Jan 2, 2011, at 2:21 PM, Sharyl wrote:

The kitten sounds like a wonderful idea.
Sharyl

--- On Sat, 1/1/11, Emeraldkittee <emeraldkit...@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Emeraldkittee <emeraldkit...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Felvtalk] kitten vs. cat when adding a positive
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 6:27 PM

Would it be true that if a young kitten, 3 mos, is positive on an IFA that is more dire than a 2 yr old cat being confirmed on that test? It seems like the younger the diagnosis, the sadder the outcome?

I am asking because in considering a friend for Whimsy, I've heard about a local 3 mos old female who is positive. I am still waiting for the shelter to let me know if it was IFA confirmed. There is another positive, but he is a very large intimidating male and my instinct tells me he wouldn't be right for our guy. I also have been approved to adopt in WI, a few hrs drive, with a group that has several 1-4 year old male and female positives.

Whimsy has started trying to play with his brothers on the other side of the door and it's adorable. I'm not quite sure a kitten would be the best idea for Whimsy or for us, but we shall see!

Shannon