You never know.  This list works wonders.  We had a double pos (FELV
confirmed by the IFA test) and she got adopted by a wonderful lady named
Emily in Waco.

We would never kill a cat just because they are FELV+  We always really want
to get them into a home, though.

Having had a special needs kitty with complete endiocardial cushion defect,
I know what it is like to come in every night with the first thing on your
mind being if your cat is still alive.

I just CANNOT do that again.  I deeply admire anyone who can.

I have one of those vets too, would not trade him for love or money.

Kelley

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 9:34 PM, Natalie <at...@optonline.net> wrote:

> You cannot believe how many people, when they find out that their cat is
> FeLV positive, ask the vets to immediately kill them!  My vet, is the last
> one to ask - he will NEVER do it.  But there are many vets who actually
> suggest to their clients that the kindest thing to do is to put them out of
> their misery, when they're not even exhibiting any symptoms yet.  I get
> calls from such people, asking if I would take their cat - my response is,
> why can't you keep the cat you claim to love so much?  I happen to have
> two,
> because I had no choice, but I wasn't going to throw them out, not accept
> them, or have them killed. They're wonderful cats, but I doubt that anyone
> will adopt them - so I will have them for life. I wish there were a decent
> place for FeLV cats - but as nice as some of them may appear, they are NOT
> -
> not in this area.

http://www.rescuties.org

http://www.zazzle.com/rescuties*

http://www.magfundraising.com/rescuties

Please help Trooper!

http://rescuties.chipin.com/trooper

"And it is the most divisive incivility to tell true animal lovers they
can’t complain about it, that they can’t fight for the animals, that they
should sit down and shut up and allow the killing to continue."

- Nathan Winograd