I live in Austin but this shelter is extremely hard to work with.  Is the
volunteer with APA?  Will they take the cat and xfer to you?

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Emeraldkittee <emeraldkit...@yahoo.com>wrote:

> hi all - been talking to this volunteer all afternoon.  I called this
> shelter and they won't work with me since I'm out of state.  Been trying to
> help get this kitty pulled....here's Sherri's email to another group.
> Anyone in Austin on this list or know of any resources?  Kitty only had two
> snaps, no IFA.  I called and offer to pay for that but they won't do it.
> Obviously, I want to adopt locally, but when this came to my attention, I
> want to stop a pointless death...any networking ideas? thanks!! - Shannon in
> Chicago
>

> SHERI'S EMAIL:
>

> Hi all,
> I'm new to this group and I'm not accustomed to posting begging for help to
> save an animal but I am a volunteer with the local shelter and we are trying
> to get Azure out of the shelter as soon as possible.
>
> He was dropped off at the shelter stating that he had been diagnosed as
> being FeLv+. The shelter's policy is to euthanize these poor animals (We are
> not yet 100% no kill but hoping to be very soon). If we can get him adopted,
> then no euthanasia will be necessary. He is not sick nor does he demonstrate
> bad behavior so there is no reason he should be put down.
>
> Please see his video and information. Town Lake Animal Shelter requests any
> potential adopters to adopt in person.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqhg-rUnNYU
> http://www.petharbor.com/pet.asp?uaid=ASTN.A591900
>
> Thanks for allowing me to post!
>
> Sherri
> sherri_dun...@hotmail.com

http://www.rescuties.org

http://www.zazzle.com/rescuties*

http://www.magfundraising.com/rescuties

Please help Trooper!

http://rescuties.chipin.com/trooper

"And it is the most divisive incivility to tell true animal lovers they
can’t complain about it, that they can’t fight for the animals, that they
should sit down and shut up and allow the killing to continue."

- Nathan Winograd