From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of M C
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 2:06 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] FeLV+ 7 mo Kitten--Test Protocols & Nutritional Support,
Meds, to boost Immunity?

Dear Kitty Lovers,

One of my rescued kittens rested positive for leukemia. She was tested at 4
mos,
5 mos, then 7 mos-- all positive on the ELISA. My vet says if she retests
positive on the ELISA in 2 mos, she's definitely positive. Others say we
need to
do the IFA to get the more accurate results. She looks healthy, but still
small
for her age, she recently had a mild cold which went away w/Amoxi dosge.

At this point, the chances of her fighting off a FeLV infection are not
great,
right? With that said, if anyone has nutritional supplements, food
recommendations, and other ideas on how to provide her with the best
immunity
support/boosts, please let us know!

I keep hearing about Interferon, but I don't know anyone else w/a felv
kitten or
cat, so any advice would be appreciated! My vet is relatively new to this
disease, he only sees the kitties w/feLV when its really gotten bad...

Thanks,

Sara