RE:  STROKE - My Shorty was having a series of strokes.  He woke me up around 4
AM screaming.  Never want to hear that sound again.  I took him to the
emergency vet that is open all night.  We had to put him down as he was having
strokes every 5 minutes and the doctor said enough damage had been done that he
would not recover.  I just could not stand listening to him scream.  It might
have been different if the vet thought he could do something for him and bring
him out of it.