To: "feline leukemia list" <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 20, 2011 12:33 PM
Subject: [Felvtalk] Isaac

Isaac would have been 3 years young on 4.14. He tested positive along with 4 others of my inner circle of seven on 3.1.2010. I did not test further but put efforts into food and supplements.

Isaac was big (not fat) black, neutered and active and appeared healthy and aggravated Scrumptious assertively. This group lived an indoor-outdoor life in the rural Carolina Piedmont.

Tuesday morning he did not eat. His breath was horrendous. He liked to eat - - I used to joke with him that he and I both needed to spend time on the treadmill. That night he was not there nor on Wednesday nor Thursday morning though I searched and called. Thursday night he answered. He could not move and his pupils were dilated and fixed. He did not look as if he had been attacked by dogs or coyotes.

I took him the 14 miles home and hydrated him orally during the night. He got up to walk several times during the late night morning but would walk 3 steps and wobble and fall down; he would cry out while sleeping with me or when I moved him but I did not know what the matter was. Conscious but not responsive to me. (the crying out & walking with falling down reminiscent of Torie Rose - - in her last earthly night. She was the first and original of this inner circle of 8 who was euthanized 2.28.2010). I made an appointment with a vet for Friday. He gave fluids - - thought Isaac's teeth and forehead spoke of liver failure, said his lungs were clear and heart sounded good though a little fast. The plan was to do fluids over the weekend and reassess early in the week. Vet said could be leukemia. could be poison. didn't know.

I unintentionally killed him Friday night and will say no more about that. That is a heavy load.

To have him suddenly in major distress was unimaginable. He was only a nanometer beyond Scrumptious in closeness to me. He and Shallie Marie appeared to be the healthiest. This is the last thing I would have expected.

Thank you for hearing my story.

any wisdom or insights will be appreciated.

Blessings

megan and Scrumptious and Luscious and Mama and Pookashay and Shallie Marie and Breanne;