I hope this link works.  I live in Florida and know several people who have
been to Caboodle.

>From what I can surmise, it seems it was pretty decent years ago and has
possibly declined with illness and the increasing population.   Hearing
reports of a cat with its eye hanging out (two different people from
different areas of florida who don't know each other reported seeing this
cat), or an exposed fracture as mentioned in this article, are pretty
scary.   I've heard some things that suggest it may have been cleaned up
some (do not know), but this article was in a local paper in the last few
weeks.

I don't think much can be worse than being stacked in a carrier or cage for
life, but, check it out before leaving an animal is of course the best
advice as stated here by others.

http://www.tampabay.com/features/humaninterest/article1151027.ece