If you are considering any sanctuary for your animals, please visit that
sanctuary personally to see how the animals are cared for and if it is what
it says it is. Our special needs sanctuary for felines has five very nice
buildings and a brand new large sixth building is being completed or will be
by  March. It will have a clinic room for our med tech and spay/neuter
clinics, a storage bay, overnight guest 'apartment' for volunteers who come
and help us and room for cats. The PETA report on the S.C. sanctuary is
horrific and it also gives the word 'sanctuary' a bad rap. We need more
positive stories.  Just be sure to visit if you take an animal to any so
called 'sanctuary. It is very important. We always tell people to come
either first, or take the kitty home with you if we are not the fit for your
cat. It is the staff that makes the difference for us, the board and our
volunteers as well.  We have a couple cats coming from a so-called 'rescue'
(gone bad) and the animal welfare groups we are working with are doing what
they can for the animals. The cats have been kept i 1.2 x2' cages one since
she was 9 weeks old and she is 5 years old now. Needless to say she is kind
of 'crazy' and adoption challenged. I have never been to Caboodle Ranch but
there have been many problems there. On Facebook you will find a lot of
information from Caboodles Angels, all who have taken a cat there and it
went missing very quickly..
Carmen and furs at Rustic Hollow Shelter. www.rustichollowshelter.org