When I say senior I'm talking about cats in the 10-15 year age range and it
seems they invariably need dental work when they come into rescue.  We also
always do full blood panels for anyone over 8 years of age.  We don't want to
risk adopting out a cat who is hyperthyroid or diabetic or in renal failure to
someone who just is not prepared to deal with that.  Dealing with these things
before listing for adoption has made all the difference in the world in finding
good homes for cats past 8-10 years of age.