From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Jannes Taylor
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 10:55 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] Thank You for your Advice

I want to thank everyone who responded about my post regarding Amber, my
FeLV
positive cat.
I have been feeling a little guilty about risking the health of my other
cats
from some chance encounter with Amber. I still plan to be cautious but do
feel
less stressed about it.
I have done a lot of research on the web, but there is nothing like being
able
to get advice from folks who have experienced this situation.
The vet leaned toward euthanization after her after her test came back
positive.
I just could not euthanize a seemingly otherwise healthy cat. I want to give
her
a chance! I hope and pray that her next test will come back negative.

Whatever happens, I am glad I was there to save her from starving to death.
She
is getting high quality food now and lots of petting every chance I get! She
has
improved a lot in the last few weeks. It is sad how she sits at the top of
the
staircase and can't come upstairs. It is what it is, I guess. At least for
now...
I would love to hear from more folks regarding this subject.
Thanks you all and God Bless!!
Jannes