Most of you have heard Dixie Louise Doodle Katt, JP's story. She came to me as a feral/throw-away. I liked her and was gong to bring her to the farm. I took her to be spayed and she tested positive. My vets' put all the options on the table and I took death off to the relief of everyone. With their care and the care of a couple of holistic vets in Louisville, she lived a very healthy and happy life for almost 3 years.....she had EVERYTHING!!!! And gave me everything.
On Mar 15, 2011, at 10:39 AM, Natalie wrote:

Unfortunately, there are many vets with those views, even if the cat is the ONLY cat in a home....why would anyone kill a perfectly healthy cat that happens to test positive for FeLV or FIV, and in NO way can even contribute to exposing another cat to it???? I have heard that from people again and again, and sadly, they listen to those vets and continue this myth about
having to kill any cat that tests positive!
I am so glad that there are people like you who don't believe everything a vet suggests as being gospel truth! This cat may be healthy forever, or it may not. There are no guarantees that our healthy cats will be healthy forever either, are there? Do the best you can under the circumstances!
Natalie

-----Original Message-----
From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Jannes Taylor
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 10:55 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] Thank You for your Advice

I want to thank everyone who responded about my post regarding Amber, my
FeLV
positive cat.
I have been feeling a little guilty about risking the health of my other
cats
from some chance encounter with Amber. I still plan to be cautious but do
feel
less stressed about it.
I have done a lot of research on the web, but there is nothing like being
able
to get advice from folks who have experienced this situation.
The vet leaned toward euthanization after her after her test came back
positive.
I just could not euthanize a seemingly otherwise healthy cat. I want to give
her
a chance! I hope and pray that her next test will come back negative.

Whatever happens, I am glad I was there to save her from starving to death.
She
is getting high quality food now and lots of petting every chance I get! She
has
improved a lot in the last few weeks. It is sad how she sits at the top of
the
staircase and can't come upstairs. It is what it is, I guess. At least for
now...
I would love to hear from more folks regarding this subject.
Thanks you all and God Bless!!
Jannes