From: Maureen Olvey <molvey...@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Any advice appreciated.
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Friday, March 18, 2011, 2:27 PM

Now I have a question and need advice.

My rescue just took in a mama cat and 4 young kittens that are still nursing.
Just our luck the mama cat tested positive for FeLV.  My recommendation was not
to put any of them down, but to wait a few months to see what happens.  Maybe
the mama cat can kick the virus.  My question is about the kittens.  I know
they have probably already gotten the virus from the mama cat, but is there any
chance at all that they haven't gotten it?  One vet said maybe we should
separate the kittens from the mama just in case they haven't picked the virus
up yet.  What do you guys think?  Would that be possible - for them not to have
it already, I mean?  I know since the kittens are only about 4 weeks old their
chances aren't too good but we want to do the best we can for them and save
them if possible.  We've got people that can bottle feed if they need to be
taken from the mom.  But I don't want to separate them if there's no point to
it.

What do you guys think?

Also, seems like I've heard you guys mentioning vitamins.  Was it B vitamins?
Would that be a good idea for the mama cat?