See below.  I think she meant to send it to you not to mee

--- On Fri, 3/18/11, Linda Demiri <> wrote:

From: Linda Demiri <>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Any advice appreciated.
To: "Jacquelyn Gonzales " <>
Date: Friday, March 18, 2011, 2:53 PM

Honest I don't think it makes much of a difference to seperate the kittens.  I 
had a positive kitty and her sister turned out negative yet they both nursed 
from their mom whom was positive and alive and well to this day.  My kitty 
passed away @ 19months from severe anemia (but I was dealing with a very 
incompetent VET) her sibiling and Mother are alive and well. I think its all 
about the Cats immune system so I wish you the best of luck with that. PS I 
have been told that COLUSTRUM works magic for cats and all pets in general.

Good Luck!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacquelyn Gonzales <>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 21:40:00 
To: <>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Any advice appreciated.

If your vet did the FELV/FIV combo snap test on the mother, beware as this test 
can produce false positive readings due to cross-reactivity.  Please test her 
via ELISA sent to the lab and if that comes back positive, test via IFA.  Or, 
you can go straight to the IFA test.  

--- On Fri, 3/18/11, Maureen Olvey <> wrote:

From: Maureen Olvey <>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Any advice appreciated.
Date: Friday, March 18, 2011, 2:27 PM

Now I have a question and need advice.

My rescue just took in a mama cat and 4 young kittens that are still nursing.  
Just our luck the mama cat tested positive for FeLV.  My recommendation was not 
to put any of them down, but to wait a few months to see what happens.  Maybe 
the mama cat can kick the virus.  My question is about the kittens.  I know 
they have probably already gotten the virus from the mama cat, but is there any 
chance at all that they haven't gotten it?  One vet said maybe we should 
separate the kittens from the mama just in case they haven't picked the virus 
up yet.  What do you guys think?  Would that be possible - for them not to have 
it already, I mean?  I know since the kittens are only about 4 weeks old their 
chances aren't too good but we want to do the best we can for them and save 
them if possible.  We've got people that can bottle feed if they need to be 
taken from the mom.  But I don't want to separate them if there's no point to 

What do you guys think?

Also, seems like I've heard you guys mentioning vitamins.  Was it B vitamins?  
Would that be a good idea for the mama cat?

"I am not interested to know whether vivisection produces results that are 
profitable to the human race or doesn't..the pain which it inflicts upon 
unconsenting animals is the basis of my enmity toward it, and it is to me 
sufficient justification of the enmity without looking further." - Mark Twain

> From:
> To:
> Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 18:39:13 -0500
> Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Any advice appreciated.
> Generally spay/neuter is a good idea in most cases -- much less
> uncomfortable for the cat, since heat is usually excruciating for them. But
> this is a reason you should seek out a vet familiar with FeLV -- they should
> be able to judge whether Amber would be too stressed by the procedure, or
> figure out ways that she won't be (kitty Prozac?).
> Diane R. 
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk mailing list

Reply via email to