Just some info - I didn't realize that there are vets who would still use
adjuvanted vaccines..or that they are still made!

FeLV (Feline Leukemia) Vaccine

Most hospitals use the annual, non-adjuvanted Merial PUREVAXR  FeLV vaccine
to protect cats against the feline leukemia virus.  Unlike traditional
vaccines that are administered under the skin with a needle, this vaccine is
administered with the Vet Jet transdermal system directly into the skin.
Recently, the AAFP (American Association of Feline Practitioners) has
recommended vaccinating all kittens against FeLV in their first year of
life.  After the initial kitten series (2 vaccinations 3-4 weeks apart),
this vaccine is only administered to cats that spend any amount of time
outdoors or are exposed to FeLV positive cats.  A FeLV test is strongly
recommended prior to vaccination.

Feline leukemia is one of the major causes of illness and death in cats.
The feline leukemia virus is typically transmitted through saliva or nose
secretions associated with mutual grooming, sharing food or water dishes, or
biting.  This virus has been known to remain latent in the bone marrow
making diagnosis difficult.  Most cats infected with FeLV will not survive
to the age of 2-3.  Clinical signs associated with a viral infection are not
specific and may include immune-mediated diseases, tumors, bone marrow
disorders (i.e. anemia or a low number of red blood cells, decreased
production of white blood cells, decreased production of platelets), and
secondary infections.

Vaccine Reactions

Most hospitals use the safest vaccines currently available to the veterinary
profession.  They choose the above vaccines and follow the current AAFP
Vaccine Guidelines to (1) minimize the number of vaccines we are
administering to our patients and (2) to minimize the number of side effects
to our patients.  Even with best intentions, a very few number of cats may
still have a vaccine reaction.  Below is a summary of these reactions and
what you should monitor.  If your cat has had a vaccine reaction, they will
need to tailor a specific vaccine protocol for your individual cat to help
avoid such reactions in the future.

Mild vaccine reactions, if they occur, may last for a couple of days after
the vaccine is administered and may include:

1.      Mild decrease in activity
2.      Mild pain or soreness at the injection site
3.      Mild decrease in appetite
4.      A small lump at the injection site
5.      Mild upper respiratory infection

Severe vaccine reactions that occur within a few minutes to a few hours
after vaccine administration.  If you notice any of these severe vaccine
reactions, veterinary attention is required IMMEDIATELY.

1.      Vomiting / Diarrhea
2.      Fever
3.      Difficulty breathing
4.      Swelling of the face