Hi Jannes,

You brought up an interesting topic.  My 4 female cats all prefer
my husband,  but the 11 males love me best.  Yes, I have that many
cats!  We both adore them, and ours were all rescued. Our lives are
devoted entirely to our cats, and as you mentioned some people think
we're nuts to spend so much time and money on them, but rescuing cats
seems to be our calling in life.

Lorrie in WV