Debbie,

I'm so sorry for your loss of Tulo.  I know he had a good life in his 3-1/2
years with you. Thank you for making a difference in the lives of these
otherwise neglected kitties.

I was in a similar situation recently when I took in a street cat last year, a
big black beautiful boy whom I named Chat Noir (French translation: "Black
Cat"). I had him neutered and took him into my home  as an indoor/outdoor cat.
At the time I had 4 indoor-only cats and was trying to transition Chat Noir to
an indoor-only cat. I hadn't had him FeLV tested when I took him in (having
never had any experience with FeLV).   He was fine and apparently healthy for
about 6 months until I noticed the lymph glands in his neck were very swollen.
He tested a strong positive for FeLV and it wasn't but a week before the vet
concurred that he should be euthanized. I was heart-broken but a difficult &
valuable lesson was learned. I had all the rest of my cats tested ($$) and all
came back negative. However, my vet suggested having them re-tested in 6
months. So far they seem to be ok (knock on wood).

I hope this helps....as for me, I can only watch and be alert for any symptoms
that may appear in any of the others.

Valerie