I think they are supposed to wear a collar with a tag from Home Again or which ever company issued the microchip but you have the collar issue again.
On May 27, 2011, at 9:32 AM, Natalie wrote:

But how would anyone know that a cat is micro chipped and has a home (except for someone with a scanner)? There's nothing outward to indicate to anyone, like an evildoer, that there's a microchip and someone cares about the cat?

-----Original Message-----
From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org ] On Behalf Of dlg...@windstream.net
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2011 12:46 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Collars

Wholesale buying is a good idea, but with 7 cats, that could get expensive. I guess that I am lucky, my guys all stick pretty close to home and my neighbors are at least 6/10's of a mile from me.
---- Lorrie <felineres...@frontier.com> wrote:
On 05-24, paola cresti wrote:

snipped..........

If they were indoor only I wouldn't worry with collars, but since
they go out, I don't want them trapped/nabbed or harmed by evil
people, so they know that someone WILL be looking for them.

It's scary to see them in trouble that time that they got
themselves stuck with the collar, but in my experience they do
learn pretty fast, and there are so many strays/ferals around that
I want people to know "this cat is looked after!!"

My cats have gotten their paws thru the collar at times, but now
they've learned to get rid of the collars without getting caught.
This is why I buy collars & ID tags by the dozen.

Lorrie