From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Tad Burnett
Sent: Sunday, June 05, 2011 11:04 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Questiions

My vet always thought that they never were actually born with it but were
infected moments after birth... And the mother who was very sick would pass
soon after giving birth... The kittens would be in poor health because of
poor nutrition from the sick mother...

One of my first rescues was a litter of 4 kittens that were found alone at
about one day old and were hand raised till at 8 weeks they were tested and
found to be pos.... Again at 12 weeks and again at 16 weeks when they came
to live with me.... They were all very healthy kittens... The first one
passed at about 6 months... The second at 9 months and the last 2 at 11 and
12 months.... I have always thought that was average for kittens exposed at
a very young age.... I have had several older pos. cats live for about 6
years....
Tad

On 6/5/2011 12:48 PM, Natalie wrote:
> I know it can't be proven; but when they are born with it, they are
usually sickish and die soon - most don't make it past a few months (that I
have know of at my friend's rescue group).