Thanks for taking care of the "OLD" boy.  They need love too.  I took in 2 10
year olds that no one wanted to adopt from a local no kill shelter.  They had
been there in cages for over a year.  Lil Bit woudl not come out of my room for
over a year, but now comes into the living room and sits on the back of the
sofa with me.  Casey had no problems, just moved in and took over as queen of
the house.
It is a shame that more people don't consider older cats, they still have at
least 8 or 9 years left to live and they have lots of love to give you in
return for your love
.