From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Lynda Wilson
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 10:34 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] to Natalie

Natalie,  I had a similar experience with my Sparky. He was a huge 30lb, 4
ft long cat (not a leukemia cat)! He was 15 1/2 yrs old.  He never cried, I
could just tell he was uncomfortable.  He seemed to have a tooth bothering
him from the way he was eating and I took him to a dentist that did
high-risk dental work. Sparky had an enlarged heart (no surprise due to his
weight). When I took him in for his dental appt. I told the vet that he had
not had a BM in a few days. I approved an xray. It revealed he had a mass in

his intestines and the cancer had eaten away 2 areas of his intestine. I
don't understand how cats can hide their pain so well!!

By the way, Sparky had an eating disorder. We tried putting him on the
Purina OM diet along with Pebbles (before she was a diabetic) and Sparky did

not like it and was not eating enough of it and had liver problems. The vet
just told me to let him eat and be happy.  If we did not leave food out he
would claw our new bed mattress, then eat tissues/toilet paper, lick plastic

where he could find it. If you still did not feed him he would toss his
stomach bile.

I'm fortunate to have had him 15 1/2 years. I still miss him. He's buried in

my back yard.