As I said, I hae picked out a shelter fairly close to my home and all my people
have to do is get thm there.  I hav also made up a letter for each one telling
about their character, likes and dislikes, the food they eat, kind of litter I
use, etc.  I started this because I got 2 from the no kill shelter that were 10
years old and no one wanted "old" cats.  I knew who the previous owner was, but
she left no information on them.  I found out the hard way that Casey is a
bully (sits and stares until the subject goes ballistic or actually stalks
them.  Lil Bit is so scared by every sound, movment that it has taken over 3
years for her to leave my bedroom.
She felt secure there and would not budge.  I had to put a litter box and food
bowl in there for her.  I also put a water fountain in the bathroom, a mere 3
feet from my bedroom.  Just this month, she began coming into the living room
and kitchen.  She sits on a dining room chair, hidden by the table cloth, just
behind the sofa where I sit.  It would have been so much easier on both of us
is I had known all this 3 years ago.  So now, I have 7 "To Whomever gets Casey,
Lil Bit, Annie,Harley, Dee, Nitnoy, Homey" letters.  Hopefully this will make
life easier for my babies and their "new" people during the transition.  As
something new comes up, I update my letters.