What a fantastic idea! I love the thought of each one coming with "instructions". Now only if our kids would have had them, lol!

Thanks so much, I'm going to do the same :)

----- Original Message ----- From: <dlg...@windstream.net>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2011 4:02 PM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Cats provided for upon death

As I said, I hae picked out a shelter fairly close to my home and all my people have to do is get thm there. I hav also made up a letter for each one telling about their character, likes and dislikes, the food they eat, kind of litter I use, etc. I started this because I got 2 from the no kill shelter that were 10 years old and no one wanted "old" cats. I knew who the previous owner was, but she left no information on them. I found out the hard way that Casey is a bully (sits and stares until the subject goes ballistic or actually stalks them. Lil Bit is so scared by every sound, movment that it has taken over 3 years for her to leave my bedroom. She felt secure there and would not budge. I had to put a litter box and food bowl in there for her. I also put a water fountain in the bathroom, a mere 3 feet from my bedroom. Just this month, she began coming into the living room and kitchen. She sits on a dining room chair, hidden by the table cloth, just behind the sofa where I sit. It would have been so much easier on both of us is I had known all this 3 years ago. So now, I have 7 "To Whomever gets Casey, Lil Bit, Annie,Harley, Dee, Nitnoy, Homey" letters. Hopefully this will make life easier for my babies and their "new" people during the transition. As something new comes up, I update my letters.
---- Lorrie <felineres...@frontier.com> wrote:
On 07-29, MaiMaiPG wrote:

> Proof that animals need to be provided for in wills!

So very true, and I have a will giving $1,000 with each cat, but my
problem is WHO will take them?  WHO can I trust not to take the money
and dump the cat?  My three kids and grand kids will each take one or
two, but they have a bunch of cats of their own, and my cat loving
friends are few and far between.

We have discussed this on the list before, and sadly I am no closer
to finding the answer?

Ideally I want someone to move into our house to care for them, but
there again........ WHO?

Lorrie