Lynda and I were talking about the other kind of shedding, meaning they are
contagious.  The virus is being "shed" in their saliva and bloodstream so they
can spread it to other cats.  Not shedding as in get rid of it.  At least I
think that's what we were talking about  ;-)   I didn't think about shedding as
in getting rid of the virus.  Now that you say it though it does make more
sense to say shed as in get rid of it.  Oops, didn't mean to be so confusing.
We were just talking about when one cat can start infecting another cat.