It was the same with my Annie.  When her owner who was in hospice learned that
they had found her a good home, she passed the next day.  She knew her baby was
safe so she could go.  If I di not have a safe haven for my babies to go to, I
guess I wuld just have to NOT die.  If I did not know thy would be secure and
safe, I would not rest in peace.  I think I would be like Annie's owner was.
If you cannot find her a good home, put her to sleep.  Any port in a storm is
not a good port, it has to be safe and secure.