I neglected to mention that I have many other negative cats who live in the
majority of the house, and I have the kitten, Macey, confined to my office
right now. When she had the URI, I tried my best to not transfer it outside the
room, but, of course, several of my other cats got it, cause I haven't gotten
them vaccincated in years. So I guess my main concern was if the other cats
somehow came down with another URI in the future, chances are Macey might get
it, from my transferance. If she was vaccinated, wouldn't she have a bit more
protection than if not, especially since her immune system is compromised with
the leukemia?
Since I am new here, I was reading some previous threads, and I was interested
in the comments made about vegetarianism, farm animals, etc.
a while back. Obviously a deviation from leukemia, I am glad to say that I am a
vegetarian (hopefully vegan one day), and I was wondering if anyone here knows
about The Farm Sanctuary. I visited the Watkins Glen sanctuary (they also have
a farm in CA) 2 years ago and stayed there for 2 nights, and it was the most
peaceful trip I have ever taken. Such a magnificent and compassionate place! I
highly recommend anyone who cares for animals to visit there. Unfortunately,
the organization is up against some pretty powerful lobbies, so it's really
hard to pass anti-cruelty laws for farm animals. But they try their best and
have made great strides...