It's a wonderful place..I haven't been there, but have organized and
participated a walkathon for them in our area..

I am vegetarian, almost vegan, except when going to a restaurants - easy
now, but wasn't when I went cold-turkey in 1985..

From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
nckittenb...@aol.com
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2011 2:13 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] Vaccination for FeLV kitten

 I neglected to mention that I have many other negative cats who live in the
majority of the house, and I have the kitten, Macey, confined to my office
right now. When she had the URI, I tried my best to not transfer it outside
the room, but, of course, several of my other cats got it, cause I haven't
gotten them vaccincated in years. So I guess my main concern was if the
other cats somehow came down with another URI in the future, chances are
Macey might get it, from my transferance. If she was vaccinated, wouldn't
she have a bit more protection than if not, especially since her immune
system is compromised with the leukemia?

Since I am new here, I was reading some previous threads, and I was
interested in the comments made about vegetarianism, farm animals, etc.
a while back. Obviously a deviation from leukemia, I am glad to say that I
am a vegetarian (hopefully vegan one day), and I was wondering if anyone
here knows about The Farm Sanctuary. I visited the Watkins Glen sanctuary
(they also have a farm in CA) 2 years ago and stayed there for 2 nights, and
it was the most peaceful trip I have ever taken. Such a magnificent and
compassionate place! I highly recommend anyone who cares for animals to
visit there. Unfortunately, the organization is up against some pretty
powerful lobbies, so it's really hard to pass anti-cruelty laws for farm
animals. But they try their best and have made great strides...