Your posts reminded me of something that happened 40+ years ago on our family
farm in Central California... during dove hunting season.

We did not allow hunters on our property, but when dying doves fell in our
fields and pastures after being shot nearby, hunters would climb over our
fences to retrieve the bloody bodies.  One afternoon the shotgun pellets were
raining down on our roof and through the branches of our oak trees and we were
afraid to go outside so Mom called the county sheriff.  When he arrived to talk
to them about unsafe shooting... Mom noticed his hand was bandaged...an idiot
dove hunter had actually shot the deputy in the hand!!!  Go figure!

When I drove my 25 miles to work, each morning I felt like a cardboard duck in
a fair shooting gallery... groups of "hunters" parked on their backsides
sitting on coolers of beer with umbrellas erected overhead would wait on both
sides of the road for flocks to fly over.  I managed to get to work unscathed
for 5 years, but was never certain I would survive the Sept - Nov. annual
killing season.  Our hunting neighbor across the road went out with a few
friends and came back with only one eye... not a single "friend" would admit he
fired the blinding shot.  Nice, huh?

Georgetta