Hi Anne,
Welcome to the group.  I love the pictures of Dublin with your
greyhound!   It's been a little while since I've had a positive, he
was infected as a young kitten, lived for 3.5 years (with his still
negative siblings) before he passed.  If your guy was a little older
when he was infected, he may have a better chance of living longer
than that.  A few people on this list have had positives that made it
to 8 years old or more.  The only supplements I used were daily
L-lysine (powdered, from iHerb), and interpheron alpha (part of the
time).  And when he was initially diagnosed because of a recurring
high fever, my vet put him on Clavamox and we left him on it for
several months.  This goes against the standard advice to avoid
long-term antibiotic use because it kills the good bacteria in the
gut.  He never had any digestive problems.  I think that the standard
7-10 antibiotic protocol is just not long enough for
immune-compromised kitties.
Anyway, you'll get lots of good advice from some of the more
experienced folks here.  Enjoy those two beautiful, lucky boys!

Beth (+angel Will Feral)

.