I have a kitten that tested positive on her in-house ELISA test.  I think I'm
going to do the ELISA test that is sent out to the lab next.  Does anyone know
if antibiotics like Clavamox would affect the outcome of the test?  I wouldn't
think so but you never know.

From: gebr...@hotmail.com
To: gbl...@aristotle.net; felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 10:52:27 -0700
Subject: [Felvtalk] Felv Testing flowchart

Dear Gloria and all,

Here is a link that was sent to me a couple of years ago that I found very
helpful.  It shows a flowchart with the testing protocols.  It doesn't specify
much in the way of time frames though.

If the kittens tests a "weak" positive on the SNAP Elisa, there is a very good
chance that a later retest will be negaive.  I was told to wait about a month
for a retest, but have had one older kitten test negative on retest in 10 days!
 I had him retested sooner since he had been in foster care for over a month
and his brother tested negative even through they had been very close - mutual
grooming, play biting, sharing food dishes/litterboxes, etc.  The SNAP tests
are VERY sensitive and can sometimes produce light or weak positives if the
kitten has been lightly exposed to URI but appears healthy.

http://www.felineleukemia.org/felvhlth.html  Here is the link to the info.  I
have quite a bit of other info I have accumulated in case anyone is interested.