I keep new ones, especially kittens seperated until their shots are complete
and then my vet said give them another week or so just to be sure.  After that,
I mix them because it is too hard on them and me to keep them locked up in a
room by themselves.  So far, it works.  None of my negatives have contracted it
and everyone is healthy as can be.