The vinegar and water solution is a great deodorizer all around.  Poop and
pee.  But you have to saturate an area, let it soak awhile and then clean as
usual.

--- On Sat, 12/17/11, Lee Evans <moonsiste...@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Lee Evans <moonsiste...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] urine odors
To: "felvtalk@felineleukemia.org" <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Date: Saturday, December 17, 2011, 6:38 PM

Unfortunately more than a few of my rescues "think outside of the box" or are
cross-eyed or something when it comes to pooping.  Will the strong vinegar
solution work on Eau de Poop, a really unpleasant combination when another cat
comes along and douses the blob with a generous helping of Parfume de Piss?  I
don't much like the odor of vinegar either but it certainly has it all over the
air unfreshener the cats produce.  I have to admit it's not entirely their
fault.  I have been away from home to many hours since I and most of the cats
were
 forced to move to another county to save the cats from the horrid gestapo of
Animal Control, and the boxes are always a mess, so shame on me.  Hopefully
once I get the rest of the cats to the new place things will be
different. However until then I still don't want to inhale the stuff.