Consider using rubber maid or knock off totes that are larger than standard litter boxes. I really like Odo Ban for odor removal and have had wonderful luck with it. I use vinegar in regular cleaning--- less toxic than many cleaners.

On Dec 17, 2011, at 8:38 PM, Lee Evans wrote:

Unfortunately more than a few of my rescues "think outside of the box" or are cross-eyed or something when it comes to pooping. Will the strong vinegar solution work on Eau de Poop, a really unpleasant combination when another cat comes along and douses the blob with a generous helping of Parfume de Piss? I don't much like the odor of vinegar either but it certainly has it all over the air unfreshener the cats produce. I have to admit it's not entirely their fault. I have been away from home to many hours since I and most of the cats were forced to move to another county to save the cats from the horrid gestapo of Animal Control, and the boxes are always a mess, so shame on me. Hop efully once I get the rest of the cats to the new place things will be different. However until then I still don't want to inhale the stuff.

From: Susan Hoffman <susan_hoff...@yahoo.com>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2011 12:55 AM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] urine odors
We've actually done half vinegar and half water and yes it can be used on anything.

We've actually incorporated the vinegar and water into our weekly cleaning sessions. We fill spray bottles with vinegar and water and spray corners of the rooms and cat trees and everything (hot spots, where cats do bad things) and just spritz it all down and let it sit for 20 minutes or so before going through the normal cleaning routine.

After the vinegar and water soak we vaccuum and mop with Dr. Broners peppermit liquid soap, and wipe down surfaces and all. But the vinegar and water really deals with odors well.

I have not used it in the washing machine yet but I think I'll be trying that very soon.

For the record I have never liked the smell of vinegar. But the vinegar smell dissipates and it really does nutralize odors