  From: Lynda Wilson
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Monday, January 02, 2012 12:42 PM
  Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] neutering a positive cat

  Sorry to say, but I had my kitten neutered at 6 mos. of age (at the time we
did not know he was positive because he actually tested neg for it when he was
much younger). He died at 9 mos of severe anemia & other complications due to
being FeLV positive.  I don't know if getting him neutered triggered this but
now I'm wondering since you've mentioned this.  Has anyone else heard of this?