yes, i totally agree with you. they should definitelty be stretched out!!

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 2:03 PM, MaiMaiPG <maima...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Some jurisdictions accept a vet's letter that an animal is not well enough
> to receive rabies vaccinations.  My vet did this when I had a dog with
> auto-immune issues.
>
> If that doesn't work, the vaccination does not have to be done at the same
> time as the neuter.  My current cats are very health but I stretched their
> vaccinations and neutering out.  More trips to the vet and more expensive
> but worth it to me.
>
> On Jan 3, 2012, at 11:19 AM,  Gasper wrote:
>
> Neutering won't do a thing to most FeLV+ but vaccinating will to all. It
> is most stressful being intact and no release. A + kitty should have at
> most the rabies vaccine and only that one. A FIV+ can have rabies and one
> another but not FIV/FeLV.
> And it always depend on at what point(stage) the cat is. I would just give
> rabies to a symptomatic b/c it is the law and no others, same with FIV.
> One would think that vets would be aware of it..even staff should be or
> they shouldn't be working atr a clinic. If pets were people that were
> killed b/c a nurse gave them the wrong vaccine it is involuntary
> manslaughter, at least she'd lose her job if not her license, vet  clinic
> staff on the other hand..argh
> Marta
>
> http://homelessnomore.webs.com/

*Marcia Baronda*
*Baronda Supplies & Service, Inc.*
*1550 S 2700 Rd.*
*Herington, Kansas 67449*
*Phone: 785-466-2501*
*Cell:    785-230-6499*
**
**" *I wish to address ethics as it applies to our companion animals. As a
veterinarian, I am an advocate for the rights of these wonderful beings who
inhabit the earth and our homes, sharing this journey with us. It is my
conviction that these animals,and all plants and animals, domesticated or
wild, have inherent rights that are separate from their ability to benefit
humans. They have the same right to exist as we do."  Don Hamilton DVM*