I had two females. One was treated as a regular cat, spayed, came home and was kept up and checked on regularly. She was fine, eating and.well fine when I checked her on the second/third night. She was dying in my arms the next morning. A very few months later I had another female, tested for everything, taken to another vet (she was not related to the first girl), spayed and given a lot more care. She came home, was kept up and was dying in my arms the third day. There was no evidence of any problems with either girl. And both vets are great but they are one person practices so they weren't around when I needed them the most. Two cats, two vets..........it happens and we can't always predict it. Needless to say, I die inside every time I have a female spayed and have found a multiple vet practice that is a longer way from here and no girl comes home until after the third day. At least she will be near medical care if things go sour Things happen and sometimes there just isn't anything we can do. We do our very best and that is all we can do.

On Jan 3, 2012, at 5:07 PM, HIDEYO YAMAMOTO wrote:

I would recommend to run a blood work to make sure that everything looks good before the surgery - especially CBC portion as sometimes their WBC/RBC might be a little off - I don't know if it's conincidence or not - I do believe that stress sort of triggered the disease - my completely healthy cat Tsubomi died about a month after the surgery - I think she had lymphoma - but we did not even think of it as she was completely healthy - I was devastated.

Hideyo