Figure the chances of something biting her and that the something might be rabid and might pass that on to her vs possible issues with the vaccine. Remembering of course that she is young and compromised as is.
On Jan 4, 2012, at 11:26 AM, Maureen Olvey wrote:

Good point.

All this talk about vaccinations made me think about my FeLV + kitten. I hadn't even thought about it until today but she's old enough for a rabies shot. She's about four and a half months old right now. Do you think I should get one for her? She does go into my backyard but I have a cat fence and she can't get out. It's possible she could get bitten by something in the yard I guess, but not likely. I guess I should get a rabies shot for her just in case. What do you guys think? I know legally I'm supposed to but I'm not worried about that right now, I just don't want to give her unnecessary vaccinations. Maybe I'll just wait until she's about 6 months old.

“I am not interested to know whether vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn’t….the pain which it inflicts upon unconsenting animals is the basis of my enmity toward it, and it is to me sufficient justification of the enmity without looking further.” – Mark Twain

From: maima...@gmail.com
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 10:21:48 -0600
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] neutering a positive cat

Some vets seem to think enforcing a law that puts the burden of vaccination on the owner is the vets responsibility....not so.
On Jan 4, 2012, at 8:38 AM, Marcia Baronda wrote:

My daughter took her cat to the vet in Ohio to get dental work done. The cat is 13, was bottle raised by her, and has NEVER set foot outside. He has no idea what "outside" is. Yet, they informed her that they would not touch her cat without giving him a rabies vaccine. It is strictly a county law. The next county over didn't require a rabies shot. So, she text me from the vet and said "I lied, I told them he had a rabies shot". They let it go at that, thankfully. My daughter was trying to do what she could to keep him from an unnecessary vaccination. And, it worked!!