You do the best you can do with the information you have and the circumstances and know that what you do is done with love.

I have ferals that have been with each other for long periods of time. I can't isolate those with problems and, even if I could, they would all have been exposed. I won't kill based on a test. I don't test. There is nothing I can do but provide food, water, shelter, spay and neuter + whatever care I can provide..........not by any book. It is the best I can do. On Jan 4, 2012, at 6:48 PM, <dlg...@windstream.net> <dlg...@windstream.net > wrote:

My vet reccommends evey year, but my guys go outside andbecause I live in th woods, are exposed to raccoon, possum, mice, fox and othes that can pass rabbies on. I am in a quandry, sort of dmned if I do and i I don't.
---- Lorrie <felineres...@frontier.com> wrote:
I'm sure the vets make more money by first giving a 1 year vac.
and then giving the 3 year vac a year later.

On 01-04, Maureen Olvey wrote:
I think I might have mentioned it to you guys before but in case I didn't, studies have shown that the normal 1 year rabies vaccinations will provide immunity for at least 4 years. Interesting huh? I need to check out that group again to see if they've found anything else out or if it actually last longer than the 4 years even. I know they
  were doing more research studies.
Will most vets give the 3 year one to a kitten? Most vets I've been to recommend that the kittens get the 1 year vaccination and then the
  next  year they get the 3 year one.