The Mid-Atlantic strain of rabies was brought to the East by hunters, after
destroying local raccoons, wanted more raccoons to kill, so they brought
them from Virginal and surrounding states.

-----Original Message-----
From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Marcia
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2012 9:43 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Rabies vaccine

I just did some reading on rabies and it appears that mice and other rodents
don't carry Rabies. Raccoons foxes and bats look to be the heaviest
carriers. The East coast, for some reason is the largest region of raccoons
carrying rabies!

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 4, 2012, at 6:48 PM, <dlg...@windstream.net> wrote:

> My vet reccommends evey year, but my guys go outside andbecause I live in
th woods, are exposed to raccoon, possum, mice, fox and othes that can pass
rabbies on.  I am in a quandry, sort of dmned if I do and i I don't.