According to Fish and Wildlife, there is no way to treat wild raccoons........no comment.
On Jan 5, 2012, at 5:56 PM, GRAS wrote:

That's right, and looking at them, you can't tell which it is - but without
treatment, it kills them just like rabies does.

-----Original Message-----
From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of MaiMaiPG
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2012 3:13 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Rabies vaccine

To make matters worse, raccoons get canine distemper which a lot of people
assume is rabies and...........
On Jan 5, 2012, at 11:31 AM, GRAS wrote:

Sorry, in my haste to write, I made a mistake: I meant VIRGINIA!
They hunters did that in  the late 80s, so the big rabies outbreak in
the East happened in the early 90s, almost all the raccoons were
killed, whether sick or not.