Sunday, February 5, 2012 3:44 PM
My cat Moses tested positive for FeLv.  Since I have many other cats, I
isolated him in a room in my house, retested three months later and he tested
negative.  That was about 6 years ago.  He's still going strong and happy.   If
Ginger is an only cat, just allow her to continue her life, retest in about two
or three months.  Even if she's still positive, that's NOT a death sentence if
she's happy and free from stress and physical danger. Feed her good food, clean
water.  Think simple.  If she has a problem with something, it may be just a
normal cat situation, not related to leukemia but always have it checked out.
Most important, get a second opinion and a vet who is going to treat Ginger as
if she has years of life ahead of her. Be happy and don't look at her as if
she's a pending fatality.  Look at her the same way you have been doing all
along.  A wonderful cat enjoying her life.