From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
dlg...@windstream.net
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 9:01 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Tanya's CRF Site

Instead of water dishes, try a water fountain.  My Homey has recurring bouts
of sturvite crystals and we can't find any medical reason for it.  I had 1
water fountain in the kitchen and got another for my bath since everyone
comes into my bedroom at night.  We like my memory foam mattress and the
electric blanket.  I have noticed that everyone drinks more water since the
fountains.  They are attracted by the sound and everyone has adifferent part
of the water slide to drink from.  I also added a bit of organic (cloudy)
cidar vinegar.  Someone in the group recommended it for the crystals.  I
also started Homey on cranberry paste.  She does not like it, but I can put
it on my finger an stick it in her mouth.  So far she has not bitten me but
leads a merry chase around the house when she sees me coming.  Also, so far
she has not had anothr bout with the crystals.

---- Val Green <harpestry...@aol.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Natalie and all who responded. I've got Manny on prescription K/D
dry food, baby food meats and lots of water dishes all over the house. He's
probably close to 15 years old and has had CRF for several years. He's put
on some weight recently and I'm hopeful he'll be around a few more years.
Lots of love from this sweet, black cat!

> Valerie
>
> On Feb 7, 2012, at 12:10 PM, GRAS <g...@optonline.net> wrote:
>
> > Here it is:
> >
> > http://www.felinecrf.org/
> >

> > I am dealing with CRF on a continuous basis, and treatment depends on
the levels of creatinine, BUN, phosphorus, etc.

> > I use aluminum hydroxide, Pepcid AC, sub=q fluids, special diets, and
whatever the vet tells me depending on test results.

> > Natalie

My beloved Manny cat has CRF and I want to do as much as I can for him.