Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 06:44:18 -0800
From: create_me_...@yahoo.com
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] doubts on two FeLV positive kitties

Chronic upper respiratory or chronic allergies? My FIV cat got bad congestion
every 6 months when the weather changed & I started the furnace or air
conditioning. He was vaccinated for FeLV & lived fine mixing with my FeLV cats
for 10 years. He was vaccinated for FeLV every 6 months when there were FeLV's
in the house & he never got the FeLV. If it is actually upper respiratory with
a fever, etc, then you don't vaccinate for anything,

If you are worried about  about fighting & transferring the FIV, you can have
the FIV cat's canines filed down to prevent deep bite wounds & minimize chance
of passing the FIV.

Beth

Don't Litter, Fix Your Critter! www.Furkids.org