From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of dppl dppl
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 3:00 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] Neutering a positive cat update

 My little found positive kitten, now growing cat I found was neutered last
week. He came thru ok.  As a precaution,

the vet gave fluids during the surgery b/c his bloodwork showed slightly
elevated in one of the kidney function

areas which the vet thought might be due to dehydration.

Sadly, he tested positive under the IFA test after testing positive under
ELISA in Nov. But he seems ok. Unfortunately

I have to keep him isolated. Both tests were sent out, the ELISA cost 55 and
the IFA 85.

Is this the norm? If I didn't have other cats, I don't think I

would do routine testing if the cat was not showing any symptoms and i kept
the cat indoors.